Friday, August 28, 2009

August 28 - 4 months post

Wow, what a difference a few months make. Everyone said the first two months were brutal, well it was actually 3.5 months but I am starting to feel better.

I have been working out, going to yoga (still lacking flexibility and coordination but I can't blame the chemo or surgery on that) and I started running again two weeks ago. Well, I guess to call it running is a bit of a stretch.

I still have a long way to go for energy and predictability, but life is getting more manageable. My weight continues to be of concern to me. I finally broke down an bought new clothes that fit me thanks to a trip to the Columbia outlet store while on vacation in Oregon with the Asakawas. I have not been a size 30 since High School. Actually 30 was a little big but I could not go that far back to a 29 waste. I have put back on about 4 pounds but it is a long way from the 28 I have lost. The only other ailment is the neuropathy which seems to be much better with the warmer weather but is still very present in the fingers and feet. Hopefully, time will heal all.

The summer is almost over. Again, I did manage a family vacation, although I did not participate in many of the activities and it was exhausting. More importantly I was able to take Ryan to college last weekend. It was an exhausting trip both physically and emotionally.

I have been working more and more hours and I believe I will be able to start travelling again in the fall much to the relief of my boss.

It has been a long road and I know it is not over. I have grown tremendously especially with empathy for others who are having health problems and I have a much greater appreciation for the sanctity of life. Everything I took for granted, all the blessing, for so long, I now appreciate daily.

I know I have not posted much lately. It is hard not to be repetitive and I have been in touch with so many people that the original intent of the blog seems to be lost.

I want everyone to know how much I appreciated all the support through my ordeal. I will continue to post when I have my doctor visits and when the good news continues.

Thank you to everyone, enjoy life, and peace to all,

Bruce

No comments: