Friday, May 1, 2009

May1 trying to get home

The next time we are debating the merits of knowing the future, I will definitely come up on the side of not knowing. This latest simple re attachment operation has turned out to be as difficult at everything else in this battle. I actually am not sure I would have put myself through everything if I would have known the whole story. Hopefully, I will recover faster from this since I am not going through chemo and my body should bounce back. I will no longer take any abdominal surgery lightly at all.

On the bright side, my surgeon was pleases with his work and he thinks I am on my way to recovery. I understand why it is a 6-8 week recovery process. I now am looking forward to feeling better for the 4th of July and home with the boys for the summer. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel for look forward to.

I am glad that I waited to do this procedure until after my birthday, but I am looking forward to celebrating being done with all the procedures and back to a normal, or as my doctor says as normal as it is going to be, life.

I know all your prayers and support are helping and will continue to help me get through this latest hurdle. Hopefully the next time I blog I will be a little more upbeat and have better news about my recovery.

No comments: